It’s a new year and COVID-19 is here to stay!
How do we navigate this new world? In a recent article, Carey Nieuwhof, 12 Disruptive Trends that will rule 2022 (and the post-pandemic era), describes what challenges the church is facing today.
Every challenge is an opportunity for Commission Church! (If you have time, simply click on the link, and read what Carey thinks.)
I hope that as a church, we can continue to pray as Jesus instructed us to pray: “Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven…” (Matthew 6:10 NASB) We have been mining Jesus’ words to bring God’s kingdom now. How will we as a church respond to the task at hand? How can we continue the mission of Jesus?
Here’s our response for 2022. Our community has set a goal to help us accomplish Jesus’ words this year. Here they are:
In 2022, Commission Church wants...
- To have 2000 Jesus conversations with unbelievers.
- Each person to invite 2 friends to church each month in 2022.
- To see 100 new disciples begin following Jesus.
- To see 60% of Commission Church actively engaged in our discipleship process.
- To see 100% of Commission Church actively participating in generosity and sacrificial giving.
I believe the best is yet to come in 2022. To establish God’s kingdom on earth is God’s idea. And he promises the gift and the power of the Holy Spirit to each of his followers to fulfill and accomplish his task.
My response is the same as Mary, ““Behold, the Lord’s bond-servant; may it be done to me according to your word.” (Luke 1:38).
Commission Church, will you join me?
Dr. Fel Bagunu